AARP is one of the USA’s leading organizations for all the people aged fifty or older, providing them with member benefits, all kinds of marketing services as well as lobbying on their behalf. Dr. Ethel Percy Andrus, the retired educator, founded AARP in 1958. AARP stands for American Association of Retired Persons. It is a nonprofit organization as well as nonpartisan association proudly boasting of a membership of more than 40 million.
AARP provides education, information, advocacy, research, and community services through a nationally spread network of local AARP chapters and a large number of experienced volunteers. AARP focuses its work on consumer issues, health, work, economic security, and independent living issues. AARP also engages in all sorts of judicial, legislative, and consumer advocacy in these areas.
It is considered as a powerful lobbying group in addition to being a rather successful business, eventually selling health insurance, investment products, life insurance, and various other financial and non-financial services. AARP is an independent publisher too, offering its readers the Modern Maturity magazine and the monthly AARP Bulletin.
It produces roughly USD 1.5 billion as annual revenue stemming from a variety of endeavors, including its advertising revenue from a number of its publications. Its biggest revenue stream is from the royalties – which comes from the licensing of its name, logo, and membership fees — this is its biggest source of revenue by far.
AARP is registered as a non-profit organization by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS), which indicates that it is permitted to engage itself in lobbying. It also harbors some public charity operations. However, some of its operations are for its profit too.
- What AARP provides: AARP provides opportunities to save money, travel, and volunteer as well as make your voice heard. A person can have access to all the exclusive benefits and discounts already availed by more than 37 million AARP members.
- What is AARP membership: AARP has a preliminary two-year membership, and the people can receive discounts on dining, personal health and travel and they can also get deals on medical services and cell phone plans.
How can AARP membership be activated:
- The interested applicants can visit aarp.aol.com
- Then they have to click on “Get Started”.
- Then they have to follow the prompts so as to complete their AARP membership registration.
- They can also activate their AARP membership by visiting www.aol.com.
- They simply have tosign in with their Username/ Email and Password.
- Then they have to click on “Next”.
- They have to locate the heading of AARP
- Then they have to clickon the option “Enroll Now.”
- Then they have to follow the instructions showing on the computer screen to activate their membership.
- Existing AARP members need not register.
Read More: netspendactivationz
That being said, it is imperative to be aware of the fact that AARP is one of the strongest lobbying companies in America, and due to its efforts, it often receives colossal amounts of attention for exerting its influence especially in Washington, D.C. and in state capitals. The non-profit operations of AARP also receive millions of dollars annually in the form of federal grants.